We’re hiring: Assistant Landscape Manager (FTC Graduate Placement)
Stephenson Halliday Ltd, part of the RSK Group, is a Landscape Institute registered practice. Our landscape team provides a comprehensive range of landscape planning, architecture and management services throughout the UK. We have a consultancy role for an Assistant Landscape Manager, on a 12-month full-time placement (with potential to be extended until Sept 23), starting July 2022, on the Homes England Green Estates management project as well as providing multidisciplinary environmental services for several major infrastructure projects. The role will be based out of our Hemel Hempstead or Tonbridge office and will involve a mix of working from the office, home working and site work.
Working alongside an experienced team you will get involved with providing support to our team of Landscape Managers, Surveyors, Arboriculturalists and Ecologists, undertaking landscape stewardship on regeneration areas, agricultural land, development sites and a range of public open spaces in the Homes England South Region. This position requires both field and office work, and the successful applicant will be expected to travel to various sites throughout the South of England.
- Production and implementation of landscape management instructions
- Completion of site surveys and follow up reporting
- Undertake the role of Contracts Manager
- Oversee contractors to deliver work activities on site
- Liaison with clients, community and landowners
- Support senior team members with general administration tasks, including time-sheet and Health and Safety data.
- Studying towards a relevant landscape or environmental qualification
- Understanding/experience of:
- Environmental legislation
- Landscape surveying, appraisals, management principles and techniques
- Native plants and habitat management
- Competency in Microsoft office (essential), GIS & AutoCAD(desirable)
- Verbal and written communication skills in a commercial environment
- The ability to work well within a team
- Well organised to ensure that projects are completed on time and budget
- Full clean driving licence.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Flexible benefits programme: healthcare cash plan and payroll giving
- Cycle-to-work scheme, additional holiday purchase and gym subsidies
- Use of hire car for business travel
- Additional training available in; First Aid, GIS, In-house career development.
For an informal discussion please contact Matthew Gardner (Associate Director) by sending an email to email@example.com or by phone on 07557 567087