The planning and design of a housing development makes an essential contribution towards residents’ quality of life. Critically, well planned high quality design can directly influence property values and improve property saleability.
As a practice with both town planning capabilities and landscape expertise, Stephenson Halliday is well positioned to advise on finding the best route to securing planning permission. Our team can also provide 3D models and rendered images of projects with our visualisation capabilities.
Stephenson Halliday has the capability to lead or closely integrate with multidisciplinary design teams for both large and small scale housing developments. Our team brings a wealth of experience to the industry including:
- Development Plan representations;
- Site appraisals and assisting in site finding;
- Negotiating with local planning authorities and engaging with local residents and community groups;
- Strategic planning guidance;
- Landscape masterplans and detailed design;
- Outline/Planning Permission in Principle and detailed planning applications;
- Promotion of greenfield urban extensions as well as large scale urban regeneration;
- Planning appeals and expert witness experience;
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA); and
- 3D and rendered image visualisations.
Our landscape team delivers distinctive, deliverable and sustainable residential landscapes which fulfil the development objectives, whilst our planning team can guide developers through the often complex planning process to secure planning permission in a timely and cost effective manner.